Hot Category

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 Review : download antivirus free kaspersky





http://antivirusnorton.blogspot.com




few months ago a very popular anti-virus software came out with their most recent edition. This article will be a Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 Review. I spent the $40 bucks to get a copy not only to test it but what I thought was going to be my Virus Software for the year to come. I might have been counting my eggs before they were hatched if you know what i mean. I installed this program on my backup Dell laptop computer running Windows XP.
Just like all of the previous, non beta, releases of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, this version was very good at detecting malware and viruses of the sort. I would systematically go to websites I knew contained viruses or spyware and I would purposely let the computer get infected. I noted all the sites and in what order so that I could run comparison tests on other anti-virus softwares like AVG later on.
Once I finished installing Kapserky Anti-Virus 2009, which was not such an easy task. After installation it would tell me I had a conflict with another software that we all know as Norton. This software had not been on my computer in a very long time and not sure why it was still installed, probably something in the registry. Needless to say, a false alarm. It made me manually enter the product key that they emailed to me by hand, not the worst thing in the world but just very annoying. I am a big fan of the copy paste for these types of keys for various programs.
Moving on in the Kaspersky Anti-Virus review, lets discuss how it performed in the actual scanning for malware or viruses. I was pleased with the time it took to do a quick scan, but I was not pleased with how was notified of these results. I really was not notified of the results whether they were cleaned or sent to the vault. I later learned I had to click a very small button called "Reports" which would tell me all of that information. I would of liked to be notified on each removal of a piece of spyware, maybe one piece I wanted to keep, the point is I just like being in control and choosing what goes on my PC.
Like I said it did the normal full scans and quick scans rather quickly like the old versions of the software. It did remove all of the infections that was able to get while browsing lets say not G rated sites. So it did perform well in that regard.
In all it is a very solid working anti-virus software for most people. However it does need some work to its actual functionality and usability. Many computer users are not as technical savy as some others, and they need to remember this when they start to develop their next years software. After this Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 Review I will be doing a complete comparison to AVG Anti-Virus so we can know what to use in the new year.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Travis_Klein

Currently Reading